Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
DATA PROTECTION LEGISLATION
We define “Data Protection Legislation” as all applicable data protection and privacy legislation or regulations in the United Kingdom and European Economic Area. This includes:
- prior to 25 May 2018, the UK Data Protection Act 1998; and
- from 25 May 2018, onwards Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”), as amended by the UK Data Protection Bill.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation, the data controller is Totally Local Company Limited of Enterprise House, Oakhurst Drive, Off Birdhall Lane, Cheadle Heath, Stockport SK3 0XT.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following kinds of personal data:
- Data about you (including your name; email address; contact number and business information).
- Data that you provide by filling in forms either paper-based or on www.totallylocalcompany.co.uk (our site) eg enquiry forms; on-line job applications; or brochure requests.
- Information you provide to us via any mobile apps that may be in use, whether linked directly to our website or for some other purpose.
- Data that you provide to us for the purpose of engaging with us to use our services
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Our site uses both session cookies and persistent cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking Tools, internet options, Privacy and selecting Block all cookies using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including sites operated by us.
USE MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We will use the information held about you for the purposes for which it was provided to us as stated at the point of collection (or as is obvious from the context of collection).Examples may include; providing you with the brochure you have requested; considering your job application; or contacting you to deliver the services you have enquired about.
We may also process your personal data in order to record and monitor your use of our website and any apps we may use. This will be for internal purposes, which may include analysis of usage, measurement of site performance and generation of reports.
We do not collect or compile personal data for dissemination or sale to outside parties for consumer marketing purposes or host mailings on behalf of third parties.
INFORMATION STORAGE AND RETENTION
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or through any apps you may use. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, it will be stored within the European Economic Area and strict procedures and security features will be used to try and prevent unauthorised access.
The personal data you submit to us will only be retained for as long as is required for the purposes for which it was collected and in line with our policies, or as required by law.
Where personal data is retained, we do not assume responsibility for verifying the on-going accuracy of the content of personal data. When practically possible, if we are informed that personal data we hold is no longer accurate, we will make appropriate corrections based on the updated information provided by the authorised user, or delete as appropriate.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- who are engaged by us to provide services to us, in which case we will require those parties to keep that information confidential and secure and to use it solely for the purpose of providing the specified services to us.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party in which case personal data held by our site will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with a court order or other legal or regulatory requirement.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our site and apps may, from time to time, contain links to other websites, mainly those of our partners and clients, but also those of other third parties. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you, please write to us at : The Company Secretary, Totally Local Company Limited, Enterprise House, Oakhurst Drive, Off Birdhall Lane, Cheadle Heath, Stockport SK3 0XT enclosing your postal details.
HOW TO CONTACT US